Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

C5mick posted:

Hi
I am looking to purchase any non working control boxes or part control boxes.

Email me [email protected]

Regards
Mick
posted on: 31/01/2015 15:00:50

Karl posted:

Hi Mick,

I would have thought you'd had a belly full of CBs. Or are you suffering from addiction?
posted on: 31/01/2015 15:32:00

C5mick posted:

It's an addiction for non working control boxes, lol

I only want non working control boxes
posted on: 31/01/2015 16:59:38

C5mick posted:

I would like to nominate Karl for. A+++++ helper medal for his help,
posted on: 31/01/2015 17:03:13

Dan posted:

[quote=C5mick;5003]I would like to nominate Karl for. A+++++ helper medal for his help,[/quote] It is done, thanks Karl!
posted on: 01/02/2015 08:53:02

Karl posted:

Hi, thanks Mick and Dan.

Glad to be of some assistance.
posted on: 01/02/2015 09:40:58

C5mick posted:

Hi Karl
I have noticed you helping loads of people with your knowledge, a must for any club.
posted on: 08/02/2015 00:03:27

Karl posted:

Hi Mick,

If I can help anyone, I do so. It's no great sweat on my side as I'm retired. Plus it's a poor world when everyone sticks to themselves.

But, as the title to my introduction goes, I'm "Oldie, Moldy And A Brain Picker". You take into consideration that I have also received lot's of help from Chas and David (davidmpye), concerning problems that I could have sorted out myself if I had the time to sit down, study, and experiment. But, at almost 74, time is not on my side.

I am more than grateful for the assistance I have received, as it has saved me a vast amount of time and aggravation.

I also notice that you are amongst those that help others, not only that but are helping to keep C5s on the road and not stripping them down to make a quick penny. Keep up the good work 'me old fruit'.
posted on: 08/02/2015 12:57:03

C5mick posted:

Hi Karl
There is money in stripping them down, but I do this as a hobby. A few I have rebuilt have been done at a loss, but others have paid for the loss. I get more out of returning them to the road than putting an extra slice of bread on the table, lol.
It was a challenge to return 7 control boxes to life and I am looking for some more non workers to do the same, not sure what I am going to do with them after they are up and running.
I have now bought loads of components, I now have every component on the board, so I think my next step maybe to cost the actual boards up and see if I am able to solder all the components back in and end up with a working control box.
I think Chas, Marty and yourself have helped no end and speeded this up for me.
Many thanks
Mick
posted on: 08/02/2015 14:20:03

Karl posted:

Hi Mick,
It was a challenge to return 7 control boxes to life and I am looking for some more non workers to do the same, not sure what I am going to do with them after they are up and running.
I can't see where the problem is, the solution is simple, buy 7 defunk C5s.
posted on: 08/02/2015 17:36:48

C5mick posted:

Hi Karl
I have 4 complete rebuilds on the go that have no electrics what so ever. I may keep these till my retirement
Mick
posted on: 08/02/2015 18:40:41

C5mick posted:

And still looking
posted on: 14/02/2015 12:08:38