Please note: The forum is now closed to new submissions. All the existing forum topics and posts are still available, however new topics cannot be created. If you need Sinclair C5 advice please use the C5 Owners Facebook Group.

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Karl is this what you wanted ...The only thing is the top is not secure it will need to be fastend down ...
Bye Chas

posted on: 05/04/2015 13:15:42

Karl posted:

Wow, that must have been a job and a half Chas. Did you get any sparks.

Many thanks Chas. All I need to do now is order the cells.

Cheers.

Karl.
posted on: 05/04/2015 16:36:46

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Karl no problem it was dead no acid in it so I filled it with water and flushed it out then just to make sure shorted it out after testing with meter
Chas
posted on: 05/04/2015 16:45:14

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Karl the battery box posted .Hope you can secure the top after inserting your batteries in it
Bye Chas \:d/ :-({|= \:d/
posted on: 08/04/2015 07:05:40

Karl posted:

Hi Chas,

GREAT.

Many thanks for all you've done for me. I'm beginning to wonder what I'd do without you.

I won't be able to order the cells until I've got the case in my itching fingers. I need to check the internal measurements before I can go any further.

So I'm sitting on hot coals till it arrives.

Fixing to top shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll be using the original battery cover, and of course the battery carrying harness.

Cheers.

Karl.
posted on: 08/04/2015 14:11:37

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Ok no problem all the best Chas
posted on: 08/04/2015 16:12:56

Karl posted:

Hi Chas,

just come home after reorganising the garage to find a package outside my door. I was wondering what it could be as I haven't ordered anything, makes a change. I then recognised you handwriting, I was wondering what on earth had you sent as the package was small and light. After opening the package I couldn't believe my eyes, it's the Oldham battery case.
I was mislead by the very quick delivery (makes a change), the light weight, and the size, as most of my batteries are a lot larger, and of course a lot heavier.

So many thanks, I'm deep in your dept.[blush] Plus you did a first class job on gutting it.

I've checked the size of the cells and its going to be one hell of a lot of work to get them to fit in. But that's the price you pay for having crazy ideas.

Once again, many thanks Chas.
posted on: 10/04/2015 20:32:39

SINCLAIR C5 CHAS posted:

Hi Karl just glad that it arrived in one piece (well two ) all the best Chas
posted on: 10/04/2015 20:36:58